Rachel from the Sub Hub tagged me as "it"!
12 Random Facts About Me:
- I am married to my college sweetheart and have two children - a boy and a girl.
- My son's 6th birthday is tomorrow!!!
- I don't really like dogs, but we have one. He's ok.
- My first year of teaching was in my hometown Newport, Oregon on the beautiful Oregon coast!
- I've never traveled outside of North America, but I really want to!
- I used to be a dancer and I miss it everyday.
- I minored in Spanish in college, but don't speak very fluently. I really want to do a teacher study abroad program to learn the language better.
- I LOVE gummy bears!
- I could eat crackers with warm brie and roasted garlic everyday of my life.
- I am obsessed with being a teacher! I love my job so much!
- I'm on the board of a nonprofit, PDX Summer School, that offers free summer school for ESL students in a low-income community. It feels so good to help this organization grow and give back to the community in this way.
- My girl friends and I started a sewing club where we get together each month and help each other figure out new sewing projects we want to do. It's super nerdy, i know, but we have a ton of fun!
Answers to 12 Questions from Rachel:
- What subject do you like to teach the most? I used to like writing the best, but these days I've been all about science and social studies!
- What is your favorite drink? It's a toss up between a Chai latte or a glass of Pinot Noir
- What is one piece of advice you have for a new teacher? Come up for air once in awhile, finding balance can be hard as a new teacher.
- What is your favorite teaching website/or blog? Mine! Haha. Seriously though, I really like the ideas from The Teacher Wife, What the Teacher Wants, Laura Candler, Lesson Plan SOS, I could go on...
- What is your favorite type of music? Adult contemporary, with a hint of alternative.
- What is one of your guilty pleasures? Pinterest!
- What type of books do you like to read? I love all kinds of books. Some of my favorites are Marley and Me and Les Miserables. I've recently read some series that I really like, too: The Hunger Games, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, One For the Money and anything by Chelsea Handler. Love that crazy girl!
- What are some of your hobbies? Reading, crafting, cooking.
- What is something you do to stay organized in terms of grading/lesson planning/copies for school/etc.? I made a desktop organizer that I saw on Pinterest with hanging files to sort things such as "To grade", To copy", "Next week", etc. It's been great keeping piles off my desk!
- What is your favorite snack? Fancy cheese and crackers
- What was your favorite vacation? My family went to Kauai in December and fell in love. I want to move there!
- How did your husband propose? On New Years Eve 2005, we went to an outdoor concert in Phoenix, AZ. Right after the entire crowd counted down and screamed "Happy New Year", he got down on one knee and took my hand. The crowd parted into a circle around us, and everyone cheered!!! It was so exciting!