The project is from Mrs Brown's Art Class. I LOVE her website - she has awesome projects!
Directions for this project:
- Ask students to write their name in bubble letters in the middle of the page in pencil.
- Divide the paper into 6ths, with the lines all intersecting in the middle of the page. I give the kids rulers to make a straight line.
- Outline the pencil lines with Sharpies. Don't use Crayola markers, they will bleed. I learned that the hard way!
- Using oil pastels, color the name bubble letters within the fraction. If you look at the second photo I posted above (second painting down on the right), the H in Haley's name is all red. But only the part of the A that is in the same fraction piece as the H is red, the rest of the A is orange. Color each section in rainbow order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Using watercolors, watercolor the same colors over the entire section. In Haley's example, the section with the red H and part red A, she painted red watercolor over the entire section.
- If you want, you can ask your kids to only use red, yellow, and blue watercolor and have them mix colors to make green, orange,and purple.