My old school had a specific calendar program, but my new school does not. I struggled the few months coming up with a routine that worked for me, met the needs of my kids, and was fun an engaging. I created this Calendar Starter Set to share with you what I've created so far! The starter set helps get your calendar all ready:
- Week day cards
- Month cards with and without pictures
- Year cards
- Number cards to correspond with the month (1 for January, 2 for February, etc)
- Holiday cards
- No School cards
- Birthday cards
Then are are other printables for activities that go along with the calendar:
- Weather graph
- Today's Date cards and sign
- Daily News chart for writing a daily message
- Days in School chart to count up each day and practice place value
I started this new set on January 3rd, our first day back from Winter Break and the kids are loving the new look and new routines!
I also updated my Place Value calendar pieces and my 3-D Shapes calendar pieces. Check them out, too!
When you look at the Calendar Starter Set, make sure to download the Preview. I included a freebie calendar song just for you!
What do you do for calendar? Does your school have a calendar program or do you make yours up like I have?