I'm joining up with Hadar, Teeny, and Traci for their 13 in '13 linky party!
1. Over this past year, we have had so much fun living on the Pineapple Island!
2. My husband and I got scuba certified last spring, which was such a fun experience. We actually went scuba diving for my birthday a couple weekends ago!
3. In February, I
froze my butt off traveled to Ohio to meet up with some of my blogging besties. It was so much fun!
4. We sold our house in Oregon, which was bittersweet, but also was a little liberating.
5. In September, I ran the Spartan Race in Oahu with the best team! It was so hard and I'm so proud that I finished!
6. We also swam with Galapagos sharks on the North Shore! That's me in the pink bottoms in the lower right of the cage. There were sharks all around us!
7. I got my first tattoo. I know, I'm hardcore now ;) It's of my favorite flower, the plumeria, which stands for "perfection" in Hawaiian patterns and motifs. The scrolly things off of the flower actually spell out Lanai. My friend designed it for me, which makes it even more special! And yes, it hurt like hell.
8. I got to travel to Maui and Honolulu a couple times and to Kona for work conferences over the past year. I enjoyed connecting with other teachers across the state and learning new tricks to hone my craft of teaching! And then in September I got to see The Sisters present again, while meeting up with some other amazing teachers and Hawaiian bloggers!
9. We had some awesome visitors over the past year. I love getting to show off our new home! Here are my kiddos and my parents walking down to a secret, natural pool outside Hana, Maui during fall break.
10. My mother in law came to visit for spring break and we went to the Disney Aulani resort. So so so fun!
11. I had the opportunity to foster some of the best friendships ever! My Lanai friends are easy-going, kind-hearted, and hilarious! We go to the beach, relax, craft, and just have fun together. No obligations and no expectations. They are the best!
12. I got to stay in 2nd grade and am in love with my room decor! I worked hard over the summer making DIY projects, painting bookshelves, and organizing junk. I found health curriculum from the 70's and worksheets from the 80's! Yikes! But thankfully, my room is finally clean, organized, and bright - just the way I like it!
13. I became a sports mom! Audrey took gymnastics lessons and Nathan played t-ball and football! It is soooo much work coordinating all those schedules while also working full time! I commend all the moms who do this! Here we are, playing a game in Maui.
So that's it! My favorite highlights from the year! I feel so blessed to live this life and be able to share it with all of you. To say thank you and Merry Christmas, I am making my Schedule Cards FREE for today and tomorrow. I hope you are able to use them!
Merry Christmas from my ohana to yours! :)